What Makes Pumpkin Seeds as Good Food?
November 18th, 2016
Roasted or raw, pumpkin seeds are a fabulous food that has a wide array of health benefits. Even renowned researchers and specialist recognize pumpkin seeds as a beneficial food such as WebMD, Medical News Today, The Weekly Times, Mother Nature Network, Australia’s famous super food center Naturelle and many more
Rich in Magnesium
Pumpkin seeds are extremely rich in magnesium, which is one of the seven essential macro minerals. In fact, just two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds have 74 mg of magnesium. That is about 25% of the daily recommended dietary allowance.
Magnesium plays a vital role in keeping you healthy. It has over 300 enzymatic responses within the body such as the synthesis of proteins and fatty acids plus food metabolism. It also helps muscle relax and it assists in neuromuscular action and transmission.
Magnesium deficiency is said to be linked to coronary heart disease, metabolic syndrome, osteoporosis, and insulin resistance.
High in Zinc
Pumpkin seeds are renowned for being high in zinc. In just one ounce of pumpkin seeds there is more than 2 mg of zinc. This fabulous mineral helps the immune system, cell division and growth, aids in fluctuating moods, sleep, eye and skin health, male sexual function, regulating insulin and your senses like taste and smell.
The depletion of zinc is very common because of diets high in grain, plant-based diets, mineral-depleted soils and overuse of drugs. There are many indicators that a person is deficient such as poor school performance (mostly children), catch the cold and flu more often, chronic fatigue, learning problems (in children) acne and low birth weight babies.
Plant Based Omega-3s
Pumpkin seeds along with other nuts and seeds are high in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) or plant-based omega-3s. ALA is an essential nutrient that converts into omega-3 fats DHA and EPA. According to many health specialist, omega-3 fatty acids help with numerous ailments like Rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, depression, dementia, Alzheimer’s and ADHD.
Best Ways to Eat Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are delicious raw and in many types of foods. Pumpkin seeds are the ideal food and can be served as snack in-between meals, on the go or when you need an extra boost for high performance like running or hiking. Some of the best ways to consume pumpkin seeds are in natural Taki bars and trail mixes like Kapai Puku.
Also, fresh seeds from your fall décor or pie pumpkins are great for roasting with a little natural oil and light touch of salt. Just allow your seeds to dry a half a day or so before roasting.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic