What is Quinoa and What Can It Do for Your Body?
August 10th, 2016
The popularity of quinoa is on the rise, and it stands to good reason. This amazing superfood has a vast amount of nutrition and benefits for your body. And quite remarkably, this newly discovered food dates back three to four thousand years ago. In fact, it was an important staple of the Incas and was considered as valuable as gold. Actually, many believed that quinoa increased the stamina of their warriors.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a high protein grain that looks similar to couscous. It is an extremely versatile and tasty grain that can be used in many savory and sweet dishes. It is versatile like rice and couscous but has a nuttier and fuller flavor.
Pronounced “keen-wah”, this protein-packed grain contains all amino acids. As well, it is rich in vitamin E, iron, potassium, magnesium and fiber. It is also very high in lysine, which supports healthy tissue growth throughout your body.
Naturally, quinoa seeds have a bitter coating to discourage birds. Therefore, the seeds need to be “soaked off” before cooking. Generally, packaged quinoa has already been pre-soaked. Aside from being an excellent dinner side or main dish, quinoa makes an excellent breakfast cereal. It can also be added to energy bars for high nutritional value.
Quinoa has a high nutritional value that is very beneficial for the body. As well, it is the ideal superfood that can be enjoyed all day.
Protein Rich – quinoa is one of the most protein rich foods you can consume. In fact, it is a complete protein that has all nine essential amino acids.
High Fiber – quinoa has nearly twice as much fiber as the majority of other grains. Fiber is beneficial for lowering high blood pressure and preventing constipation, diabetes and heart disease. Fiber also reduces glucose levels and cholesterol. And since it takes longer to chew, it keeps you feeling full longer which in turn assists with weightless. As well, it is “energy dense”, meaning that it contains fewer calories for the same volume of food.
High in Iron – quinoa’s high iron content helps keep red blood cells healthy and assists in forming hemoglobin. It also supplies oxygen to our muscles to help in contraction. Moreover, iron increases brain function since the brain consumes about 20% of your blood oxygen. Other benefits of iron include the regulation of body temperature, neurotransmitter synthesis and helps with energy metabolism and enzyme activity.
Rich in Lysine – quinoa is high in lysine which is essential for tissue repair and growth.
High in Magnesium – this healthy grain is also rich in magnesium which helps relax blood vessels. This in turn reduces migraines. Studies show that magnesium may also lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes by maintaining blood sugar levels. Magnesium also helps with body temperature regulation, transmitting nerve impulses, producing energy, detoxification and the formation of healthy teeth and bones.
Rich in Riboflavin (B2) – quinoa is high in vitamin B2 which helps improve energy metabolism within muscle and brain cells. It also helps create proper energy production in cells.
Rich in Manganese – quinoa is quite high in manganese. And since manganese is an antioxidant, it helps protect red blood cells and other cells from damage caused by free radicals. It also helps prevent damage to the mitochondria during energy production.
Kapai Puku Tribal Blend has quinoa seeds as one of its ingredients that give all the essential benefits that your body needs. It is mixed with Cacao Nibs for antioxidant goodness and other native Australian seeds to boost nutritional contents. Try this and you’ll never be disappointed!
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic