What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
June 26th, 2017
Chufas are a variety of bunch grass attached to a nut similar to a peanut that grows underground. On its underground systems of roots, or tubers, this plant grows nuts (seeds) that are attractive food for certain varieties of wildlife. These plants grow especially well across the southern half of the U.S. They grow very well in sandy or loamy, somewhat dry soil. A single tuber can grow a plant capable of producing from 15 to 75 more tubers when it matures.
Rich in fats and proteins, these plants are very nutritious for animals in the wild. Chufas also grow well in many varieties of clay, and they will thrive in any climate in which corn crops flourish. Chufas grow well when planted in about 40 pound quantities per acre of land. In smaller food growing plots, planting two or three pounds for every 1,000 square feet of land is sufficient, and they should be given a shallow planting of just one-and-a-half inches below the ground surface. It is best to plant them throughout the summer months, and plants will mature in about 100 to 125 days.
Main Benefits Offered by Cultivating Chufa Plants
By growing plots of chufa plants today, you can reap the following healthful benefits:
• Provide Healthy Food for Wild Turkeys. – Wild turkeys are attracted to chufa tubers and eat them whenever they locate a plot of cultivated chufa plants. It is helpful to turn over some of the plants to reveal these healthy seed formations on the ground’s surface so they can be easily found and eaten by these turkeys. These enriching seeds are especially nutritious for young turkeys on their way to maturity since they are a rich source of many pure vitamins, minerals and other naturally growing nutrients found below ground level in healthy soil.
• Enhance the Diets of Wild Ducks. – Wild ducks also flock to chufa plots, feeding on these peanut-like growths that thrive just beneath ground surface level. Ducks are known to be somewhat more aggressive than turkeys in the wild, so they will uproot these nutritional seeds, feasting on them in group feedings whenever they come upon a plot or, with any luck, an acre’s growth of these nutrient-rich tubers.
• Support Nutritional Eating for Wild Deer. – Deer living in the wild are also fond of eating chufa seeds, gaining strength and endurance from these nutritional underground snacks. Deer are also crafty food hunters and are quite good at extracting these healthy tubers from beneath the surface of the soil in large or small chufa growing plots and fields. Although they are not usually heavy eaters, deer seek out nutritional food sources, especially for feeding their offspring, and chufa seeds are a favorite food for both young and older wild deer in search of good, pure food for the taking.
By reading the healthy literature provided at Kapai Puku (KapaiPuku.com), translated as “The Seed of Life,” you can keep informed about this empowering method of using seeds as an alternative mode of healthy eating and form of natural meal replacement. This fascinating and health-promoting type of nutrition and diet as formulated and recommended by Graeme Johnstone and his many followers, provides individuals and groups seeking a new and vitalizing form of diet and a way of sustaining wildlife with the essentials about a healthy and viable method of doing so.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic