Weight Loss without Surgery: Removing Bad Habits Start with Small Steps and Willpower
September 14th, 2018
Many people today who were considering expensive stomach and intestinal surgery procedures for weight loss and control are now becoming involved in a weight reduction program in the Sunshine Coast region of Australia, soon to spread to include locations across the country. The Sum Sanos program, which translates from Latin as “I am healthy,” is also scheduled to move on to include New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Singapore.
The main concept on which this new approach to weight loss is based is that significant weight loss can be accomplished through a series of small steps and use of genuine willpower. According to Queensland cardiologist, Dr. Geoffrey Holt, two out of every three adults and one out of every four children are now overweight or obese in Australia, and the public is currently at high risk for developing diabetes and other serious health problems.
How Plans for the Sum Sanos Weight Loss Program and Others Began
Dr. Gina Cleo is a dietitian and research fellow at Bond University on the Gold Coast who is leading the first worldwide study to bust bad habits in 2018. The detained and innovative approach of her research and study concerning weight loss initiatives is leading to additional research programs throughout Australia and around the globe. During the course of her study, 67 percent of all study participants decreased their body weights by over 5 percent and did not regain the weight, significantly reducing any risk of developing diabetes or heart disease.
There were 75 volunteer participants, all of whom were overweight. These study subjects were divided into three groups before the study was conducted. One impressive result of the study was the finding that changing certain behaviors of the subjects actually facilitated changing the bio-chemistry of the brain.
According to Dr. Cleo, when we repeat an action many times, the related neural paths to our brains are strengthened, making it easier to perform that behavior as a regular activity. She explains that by doing this, we are altering the bio-chemistry of our brains and making changes to the physical brain anatomy. However, if we change the behavior and do something else, we are altering the brain structure and creating new neural paths that enable us to repeat the new behavior.
Dr. Cleo explains that her study subjects required from 18 days to one year to break a series of their long-time behaviors and habits. She adds that you need willpower first to start changing any behavior, but later on, willpower gives way to automatic actions, which become habits like brushing your teeth or combing your hair.
Obstacles to Habit-Busting that You May Encounter
In your efforts to break bad or non-productive habits, you may encounter certain obstacles to succeeding, such as the following:
• Lack of mental discipline
• Fear of failing
• Laziness or lack of energy
• Deeply ingrained behaviors
• Low self-confidence
However, when you focus on the trigger to changing a habit, this makes you look outward more, rather than being too self-involved with the habit itself. It then will become easier to act with confidence as you turn your attention toward approaching, and finally reaching, your goal and new behavior.
How You Can Succeed at Breaking Bad Habits
You can be successful at breaking bad habits by heeding the following rules:
• Commit to a specific course of action.
• Act with courage and have patience.
• Develop a powerful desire for change.
• Pay attention to triggers.
• Avoid returning to old behaviors.
• Map your progress, and reward yourself periodically with non-edible treats.
It is important to remember that changing habits requires performing small tips that each of us can easily manage and then repeating them consistently as a foundation for breaking other connected behaviors. One major objective of a successful weight loss program like this one is to teach participants and others who learn about this type of program that once you understand how to best tackle your weight loss issue, the process will no longer seem like a daunting feat to accomplish. Once you have a tried-and-true method to follow, you are already on the path to successfully dropping pounds and maintaining a good, healthy body weight.
Effective Habits for Healthy and Lasting Weight Loss
The following healthy and effective habits for losing weight and not regaining it were developed by the the UK charity, Weight Concern:
- Stick to a Meal Routine. – Whenever possible, eat meals at the same times every day. Individuals who are the most successful at losing weight and then maintaining a healthy body weight have a regular meal schedule. They also refrain from snacking between meals most of the time. Observing meal times on a regular schedule will help you lose weight and keep your body weight at a healthy level afterward. Even when you gain a few pounds, especially during holiday seasons, having a consistent diet regimen with regular eating times will enable you to better observe long-term weight loss maintenance.
- Eat Plenty of Vegetables. – Try to eat five servings of vegetables each day. Their abundance of essential nutrients will help with your weight loss efforts and also help you to avoid regaining pounds. Eating a variety of veggies regularly will also reduce your risk of developing cancer or coronary heart disease.
- Eat Healthy Fats. – Include healthy fats in your daily diet from avocado, nuts and fish rather than fast foods fats. Limit your intake of trans-fats to lower your risk of heart disease.
- Read Food Labels and Buy Healthy Snacks. – Before buying any packaged foods, check the fat, sugar and salt content for healthy levels. Instead of sweets, choose fruits and nuts for snacks.
- Eat Smaller Portions and Drink Healthy Beverages. – Serve yourself smaller portions of foods at meals, using a smaller plate, if helpful. Drink filtered waterand fruit or vegetable juices, whenever possible.
- Focus on Eating Slowly. – By consciously focusing on your food and eating slowly while seated at your dinner table or in your breakfast nook, you will not be distracted from enjoying your meal, and you will easily recognize fullness signals, avoiding overeating.
- Break Up Sitting Time and Walk Off Weight. – Try reducing sedentary time during the day, especially if your work or daily activities require sitting for long periods of time. Go for walksor bike rides whenever you can. Try to walk 10,000 steps each day. If you take the bus or train home from work, try getting off one stop earlier than usual and walking the rest of the way home. Walk up and down stairs whenever possible.
Add Kapai Puku Healthy Foods to Your Meal Plan for Weight Loss and Maintenance
When you include Kapai Puku pure food blends in your daily dietary plan, you will benefit from faster metabolic rates as well as enhanced food digestion and absorption into your system. With the all-natural, pure fibre, raw ingredients and whole grains working to build strong, flexible muscles and increase the operation of all your body’s systems to optimal levels, you will soon gain advantages of better energy, endurance, mental focus and moods for a more productive, active and enjoyable lifestyle.
Kapai Puku®, “The Seed of Life”®, food products are all filled with highly nutritional ingredients to promote and sustain excellent health and ongoing well-being. No matter which of the nutrient-packed food blends of this unique brand you may select, you are assured of gaining multiple valuable health benefits when your daily food intake includes one or more of this enriching ingredient blends. You can combine these pure, nutritional food products with your own special meal plans and recipes or sprinkle them on top of yogurt or your favorite breakfast cereal. You can also bake with our products, adding these natural food mixtures to bread dough or pancake batters. If you like, you can eat these products right from the package as a healthy, refreshing snack.
When you choose the Kapai Puku No. 1 Gut Health product, you will gain all the nutritional benefits of its outstanding ingredients: Buckwheat, Sunflower Kernels, Linseed, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Millet Seeds, Chia Seeds, Poppy seeds, Natural Sundried Raisins (sulphate free), Lions Mane, Chicory Root and Monk Fruit Powder. With this amazing combination of pure fibre, protein, vitamins, minerals and other natural, health-promoting components, you will experience strong energy boosts, greater stamina, increased mental focus and more positive moods.
You will also enjoy the benefits of improved digestive health. This outstanding food product will alleviate and often eliminate such problems of the digestive tract as constipation, diarrhea, cramps and bloating. It can even lessen the symptoms of more serious intestinal conditions as Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Crohn’s disease.
This natural food blend supplies pure fibre to your colon where healthy bacteria convert it into additional bacteria to strengthen the colon and its activity. The Kapai Puku No. 1 Gut Health product will also enable you to lose weight and to maintain a healthy body weight with the aid of excellent digestion of foods, nutrient absorption and waste elimination.
By visiting the Kapai Puku website today, you can gain more valuable information about all the nutrient-rich food products from this brand. Our natural nutrition experts are prepared to answer any questions you may have about this unique, innovative company and its outstanding pure food blends. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable customer support team online, by email or by phone to learn more and start gaining optimal health benefits from the Kapai Puku advanced dietary products for enhanced health and longevity.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au