Top Reasons Why Sugar Intake Should Be Controlled and Kept at Minimum
June 16th, 2016
It has been known for decades why sugar intake should be controlled. Specialists agree that much of our food contains sugar and far too much of sugar is consumed. In fact, studies show that many consume about 53 heaping teaspoons of white sugar daily. This said amount is mostly found in processed foods.
Today, experts agree that sugar consumption should be drastically reduced in order maintain good health. Indeed, there are various reasons why sugar intake should be controlled and kept at minimum.
Tooth decay – Sugar has an impact on tooth decay. This is because it decreases the efficiency of a certain type of white blood cell that “eats” unwanted bacteria.
Increased adrenalin – Sugar triggers the body to release extra adrenalin. Many specialists feel that sugar may contribute to hyperactivity and ADHD in young children.
Calcium loss – consuming soft drinks that are high in sugar is said to attribute to calcium loss in the urine.
Overworks the pancreas – Consuming sugar causes the pancreas to work harder in order to produce insulin. As a result, an overworked pancreas that is unable to eliminate sugar can cause blood sugar issues such as diabetes.
Lethal ingredients – Most white refined sugar products are bleached with chlorine. In turn, when it is exposed to particular organic compounds it converts to dioxin, a toxic compound.
Obstructs weight loss – Because of high insulin levels, sugar causes the body to store surplus carbohydrates as fat, making it difficult to lose weight.
Increased fatigue – Because of its insulin levels, sugar amplifies the probability of chronic fatigue.
Changes ones disposition – Studies show that sugar increases anxiety, mood swings and irritability.
Lowers the immune system – Sugar is known to lower the immune system due to reducing the proficiency of white blood cells for at least five hours.
Lowers HDLs – Consuming sugar steadily increases harmful cholesterol (LDLs) and decreases helpful high-density cholesterol (HDLs).
The Great Substitute:
If you really love sweets or are trying to wean yourself off of sugar, there are various tasty and healthy substitutes. Some great alternatives include honey, maple syrup, and agave nectar, dried fruits like raisins or dates, fresh fruit such as apples or bananas. As well, instead of artificial sweeteners like saccharin try stevia, it is a much safer alternative.
Healthy sweeteners are easily used and can be added to a variety of foods. For example, instead of adding sugar to your oatmeal, try adding naturally sweetened cinnamon, raisins or currants and a tough of honey.
One of the best sugar substitutes are Kapai Puku products. For example, the Taki Bar contains nature’s best sweeteners like coconut and other energy boosters like Tiger nuts and chia seeds. In fact, the bars and other products are packed with fibre, antioxidants, natural proteins and superfoods.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic