The Importance of Liver Health and Ultimate Foods That Really Help
September 19th, 2016
The liver is the second biggest organ in the body and plays a vital role in your health. Moreover, the liver is astutely engrossed in all phases of your metabolism and is a key factor in processing protein, fat and carbohydrates. However, when liver functions are weakened, numerous health concerns easily develop such as:
Fatty Liver – generally associated with excessive alcohol consumption. It can also occur with people who suffer from any metabolic condition like obesity, diabetes and hypertension. If a fatty liver is left untreated there can be complete liver failure.
Viral Hepatitis – this is an infection of the liver which involves a number of viruses that attack the liver like hepatitis A and E (food borne) and hepatitis B, C and D (bodily fluids, blood and unprotected sexual contact).
Alcoholic Hepatitis – results from excess alcohol that causes inflammation and swelling of the liver.
Liver Cancer – this is a serious condition that can be caused by many factors such as genetics, cirrhosis of the liver, viral infections (hepatitis B and C) and chronic alcoholism.
Cirrhosis – a condition that scar the liver. A condition caused mostly from viral infections (hepatitis B and C), excess alcohol, surplus iron, and bile duct ailments.
Note: Cirrhosis of the liver is one of the top 10 causes of death in the world.
Other conditions that can cause liver damage include overuse of medications and exposure to certain chemicals. Since the liver is responsible for filtering the system and detoxifying the body, it is exposed to a massive variety of drugs and chemicals.
Prevention is most often the key to keeping your liver healthy. As well, regular checkups to your physician and good nutrition are very important in preventing liver problems.
Moreover, there are certain foods that are help support a healthy liver:
Garlic – helps the liver activate enzymes that remove toxins. Garlic is high in selenium and allicin which supports liver cleansing.
Beets – these bright and colorful vegetables are high in antioxidants and plant-flavonoids. Beets also contain important nutrients like iron, fiber (pectin form) and folate. It cleanses and purifies the blood plus improves overall functions of the liver.
Healthy Fats – Healthy fats like walnuts, pumpkin seeds and almonds are important foods for liver health. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and glutathione which supports the cleansing process.
Kapai Puku “Liver Health”
This is our product made especially for the liver. It is a healthy supplement with perfect nutritional balance that’s rich in fibre and even beneficial for the whole body. It has no artificial flavours or colours that can be harmful to your body and it has no added fruit or sweetness, but it is just all natural flavour based on our original Naked Blend.
Other beneficial foods for the liver include leafy greens, lemons, cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprout and broccoli, avocados, sweet potatoes, lentils, apples, green tea and turmeric.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic