Health Benefits of Chicory Root
November 9th, 2017
Natural chicory root is from a perennial herb plant related to the dandelion plant that often has bright blue flowers. The leaves of some types of this herbal plant are used as salad greens, commonly called chicons or endive. However, the roots are ground and used in baking some dishes, although the most common use of ground chicory root is as a coffee substitute. Cichorium intybus var. sativum, or chicory root, has long been grown in Europe for popular use as an alternative drink for coffee, and this plant grows naturally throughout the Mediterranean region. It has remained a favored hot drink for many years due to its rich, vibrant flavor and full-bodied texture.
Health Benefits of Chicory Root as a Coffee Substitute and Valued Food Substance
Varied and valuable health benefits of the chicory root include the following benefits of its use:
• Important Fibre Source. – Chicory root contains a soluble fibre, inulin, which can pass through your digestive tract unaltered. For this reason, it acts as an appetite suppressant while contributing to the development of healthy bacteria in the gut as a prebiotic agent. It should be noted that a prebiotic substance in different from a probiotic, which is digestible bacteria taken orally for good digestive action and healthy bacterial growth in the digestive tract. Chicory root is an excellent source of such prebiotics, along with leeks, asparagus and Jerusalem artichokes. Some grains also contain these types of prebiotic substances. Many natural and organic energy bars sold in health food stores that contain high fibre counts and are gluten-free also contain inulin or chicory root extract.
• Chicory Coffee. – In order to make chicory coffee as a healthy, invigorating hot drink and “real coffee substitute” or alternative drink, boil a cup of water and add two tablespoons of minced, toasted chicory root to the water. Then cover the mixture and allow it to simmer for ten to fifteen minutes. You can double, triple or increase the amount of this potent drink as needed or desired. Many first-time users of chicory coffee are delighted at its rich, robust flavor and impressed with its healthy properties and pure, natural origins. It is not at all difficult for many regular coffee consumers to change their favorite hot, stimulating drink to healthy, caffeine-free chicory coffee. It is truly a healthful way to start each day without worries of ingesting unhealthy ingredients.
Chicory root is well-known among users of the Kapai Puku organic health products as a pure source of energy, vitality and good health as an alternative food substance for use in many food recipes, and especially as a healthful coffee sustitute.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic