Bird Seeds Are No Longer Just for Birds: What Makes Them Healthy for Human Consumption?
May 31st, 2016
Like nuts, bird seeds are very healthy and nutritious. In fact, they are no longer just for the birds and should be a daily part of your diet. Bird seeds are high in vitamin E, fiber and monounsaturated fats which can support a healthy heart and immune system.
Seeds are also rich in minerals, protein, zinc and other beneficial nutrients. Plus, studies show that both nuts and seeds can help prevent obesity, the buildup of LDL cholesterol as well as heart disease.
When adding seeds to your diet, it is best to eat them raw as they are or in a healthy blend such as KAPAI PUKU® (the seed of life). Indeed, the original KAPAI PUKU® is a wonderful blend of raw ingredients such as chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, linseeds, millet seeds plus other high fibre extras like quinoa, rice bran, raisins and amaranth.
Traditional cultures have valued the positive benefits of sesame seeds for many generations. They are renowned for their high nutrition and health giving properties. Sesame seeds are rich in fibre, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc and vitamin B1. As well, research shows that these tiny seeds can lower blood pressure, protect the liver from damage, assist with PMS and help fight cholesterol.
Pumpkin seeds are high is zinc and omega-3 fatty acids, which are two vital nutrients that support skeletal health. As well, pumpkin seeds have ample amounts of the plant compound phytosterol, which enhances immune response and stabilizes cholesterol. Moreover, these amazing seeds are rich in carotenoids, a plant based antioxidant that enhances the immune system and helps fight diseases.
Furthermore, current research suggests that there are certain elements in pumpkin seeds that may be able to stop the activation of cancerous activity in male prostate cells.
These very small and tiny seeds are the same seeds that are used for sprouting a Chia pet. These popular and nutritious seeds are overflowing with protein, fibre, calcium, numerous antioxidants and healthy oils.
And when it comes to supporting your well-being, chia seeds boost heart health, stabilizes blood sugar and helps prevent obesity. In addition, the amazing small seeds are a rich source of high-quality fats. In fact, they are composed of a gigantic 34% pure omega-3 oils.
More about Seeds
Raw bird seeds and nuts are not only healthy for you but they are also very tasty. They can be eaten as a nutritious snack just as they are or be served in a variety of ways:
Cereal – serve as a cereal with milk, almond milk, fruit juice or yogurt.
Cooked – use in omelettes, stir fries and various other quick and simple recipes.
Sprinkle – sprinkle seeds over salads or with alluring savoury dishes like couscous or rice.
Porridge – serve like porridge such similar to oats. Simply heat and serve with honey or maple syrup and milk.
Baked – add to baked goods for extra nutrition like bread, muffins, cookies, crumbles and other desserts.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic