Benefits of High Fibre Diet and Why Is It Essential for Your Health?
February 10th, 2016
It has been medically recognized that a high fibre diet helps maintain health and wellness. And with recent studies, fibre is said to have more health benefits than initially recognized. In fact, a diet that contains extra fibre has many health benefits.
Prevents Heart Disease
According to a current article from MedicieNet, a Harvard study of 40, 00 males that consumed a high fibre diet had a 40% lower risk of coronary heart disease. Another study of more than 31,000 Seventh-day Adventists discovered that fibre reduced the risk of fatal coronary heart disease by 11% and nonfatal coronary heart disease by 44%.
Additionally, it seems that soluble fibre may lower the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines. Studies found that fibre binds with dietary cholesterol and bile so it can be excreted. As well, cholesterol levels were reduced from 8-26% with a higher fibre diet.
Many specialists will say the adding fibre to your diet is the key to healthier bowels. In fact, research has shown that when white flour was introduced and became prevalent in the diet, there was an increase in bowel disorders like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hemorrhoids, polyps, diverticulitis, diverticulosis, and colon cancer. Also, research shows that high fibre diets especially diets high in fruits and vegetables may be a good preventative for diverticulosis. This is because fibre decreases pressure within the colon, lowers transit time and raises stool weight.
Lowers Blood Glucose Levels
Studies show that fibre may help reduce blood glucose levels and slow down the absorption of glucose in foods. In fact, healthy foods high in soluble fibre can help lower after meal blood sugar levels. Compared to refined or processed foods like white bread, soluble fiber is digested more slowly. And when the sugar from food is absorbed at a much slower rate, blood sugar spikes are prevented.
So sugar from your food is absorbed by your body at a slower rate. This cause blood sugar levels to rise more slowly and can prevent sudden blood sugar spikes. Great soluble fibre sources are oat bran and oatmeal, legumes, lentils, nuts, vegetables like carrots and broccoli and fruits such as bananas, apples (with skin), oranges, berries and pears.
Prevention of Constipation
Although constipation is a symptom and not a disease, it can be a sign of other health issues such as IBS, colon cancer, inactivity, multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease or other digestive issues.
Constipation is more common as you age, but it can affect all ages. Generally, constipation is not serious and is only temporary. Further, studies show that an increase in fibre can help regulate bowel movements (BMs). In fact, people who have a high fibre diet are less apt to get constipation. Good food choices include fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds, whole-grain bread and unprocessed bran.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic