Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
August 14th, 2017
Bananas are fruits with firm, creamy flesh that is inside a yellow peeling that people remove to access the tasty flesh. Since they grow in tropical climates in various parts of the world, these fruits are available all throughout the year. Also, bananas grow in large clusters that are made up of numerous groups of 10 to 25 bananas known as hands. While bananas are packed with various nutrients, they are most famous for their potassium content.
Bananas Are Ideal Sources of Potassium
One medium banana can provide the body with about 400 mg of potassium. For this reason, it is important to add this fruit or foods containing it to your daily diet.
Why Our Bodies Need Potassium
Potassium is one of the vital electrolytes that the body needs to maintain a proper balance of fluids. Also, it works in conjunction with sodium to regulate your blood pressure to keep it at normal levels. This mineral also helps the heart beat in a healthy rhythm. Another purpose for this mineral is the fact that it supports muscle and nerve function. Eat a banana after physical activities to prevent muscles from cramping. Your body requires this mineral to digest and use carbohydrates, to control the acid balance and to build proteins. On top of all of this, potassium regulates phosphorus and calcium levels in the body to ensure bones are strong and sturdy.
Signs of Potassium Deficiency
While potassium deficiency is rare, you need to know the following signs of it:
• Muscle weakness
• Abnormal Heart Rhythms
How Much Potassium Does the Body Need Daily?
The Australian government recommendation for potassium consumption is 3,800 mg each day for male adults and 2,800 mg each for adult females. With children, the recommendation ranges from 400 to 2,600 mg each day depending upon their age. Pregnant women should consume 2,800 mg daily and lactating women should be certain to consume 3,200 mg each day. You can learn additional information about these government recommendations by clicking here.
An Easy and Delicious Way to Add Bananas to Your Diet
KAPAI PUKU® provides Heart Health for an easy and delicious way to add bananas and potassium to your diet. We transformed our original Tropical Blend into this selection. It is full of flavour with such natural elements as diced bananas, diced figs, sunflower kernels, sesame seeds, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, diced mango, Chia seed protein powder, monk fruit, zinc and chelated magnesium. You can eat it straight from the package, sprinkle it on cereal, use it in place of cereal, add it to smoothies or include it in your favourite recipes. Browse through our website to learn additional facts about this product and our other offerings.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic