Balanced Diet: What is it Anyway?
August 17th, 2018
If anyone should suggest that consuming a balanced diet means eating lots of sugar, carbs and fats for half the week, then eating fruits, veggies and whole grains during the other half, do not take this lightly given misinformation seriously. Although it was most likely meant as a lighthearted joke or casual quip, unfortunately, some people may be all too eager to accept this untruth as valid advice to follow. Truthfully, we hear the term “balanced diet” constantly, so it is only natural to assume that we understand its meaning well. However, whenever discussions about nutrition arise today, there are nearly always some questions concerning the basic definition of “balanced diet” as used in everyday vocabulary.
What Is the Simple Definition of a Balanced Diet?
Eating a balanced diet means consuming foods each day that contain all the nutrients needed by your body to provide you with optimal energy levels and enhance your overall health and well-being. These healthy foods will also reduce your likelihood of experiencing nutritional deficiencies. For assistance in improving your daily diet, you may want to consult a natural nutritionist or a dietitian knowledgeable about all aspects of good nutrition. A comprehensive source for locating the best nutritional experts for dietary advice is the Register of Accredited Practising Dietitians.
By consulting an accredited dietitian who is currently in practice, you can obtain accurate and detailed answers to all your questions about the nutritional value of various foods. You can also learn more about preparing meals that combine essential nutrients for highest degrees of nutrient absorption and benefit to your system. By ensuring that you consume a healthy variety of foods with high nutritional value in your daily diet, you will significantly lower your risk of developing health conditions that are due to unbalanced or low nutritional intake in your regular meals, snacks and daily eating habits.
Many people also find it helpful for learning more about nutritional values in foods and to evaluate the nutrients contained in their current diets to make use of the Australian Eating Survey, a comprehensive and helpful dietary assessment aid. The more you learn about the major nutrients found in different foods and creative ways in which to combine foods for gaining highest nutritional values from each daily meal, the greater control you will have over strengthening and protecting your own health. You will also benefit from increased energy, vitality and mental focus from eating balanced, nutrient-rich meals on a regular basis.
Natural Nutritionists or Accredited Practising Dietitians Can Help Balance Your Daily Diet
Both Accredited Practicing Dietitians (APDs) and natural nutritionists have the knowledge and ability to translate the latest scientific and natural health data concerning nutrition into helpful guidance about eating a highly nutritional diet. They can help you design a meal plan rich with nutrients that can bring you ultimate good health. They will also explain how eating the best combinations of nutritional foods to enable optimal absorption and use of nutrients by your body will help you avoid development of serious health issues like diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer, heart disease and obesity.
Your APD or natural nutrition consultant will guide you to acquiring the following beneficial skills for adopting a nutritional, healthy eating plan:
• Evaluating your personal nutrition requirements;
• Planning your customised and nutritional daily diet;
• Separating nutrition facts from fables; and
• Performing research on updated nutritional information.
Vitalize Your Diet With More Variety in the Core Food Groups
When you give emphasis to the core food groups for healthy eating—fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean animal or vegetarian protein and dairy foods, including more variety of foods in each group, your diet will supply you with more energy, lasting vitality and meal enjoyment. If you are a vegetarian, your protein will come largely from vegetables, beans and other legumes, nut butters, nuts and seeds.
Individuals who include meats, poultry and fish in their diets will get the bulk of their daily protein counts from these foods. Those who eat dairy products will gain nutritional values from consuming milk, cheeses, yogurt and other dairy-based foods. Vegans will get most of their protein from organic beans and other legumes and vegetables, seeds, and some nuts.
Essential nutrients contained in the five core groups of foods include calcium, zinc and iron as well as folate, the B vitamins, Vitamin C, fibre, beta-carotene and important phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are plant nutrients that are bioactive, which means they have characteristic biological activities that promote human health. These bioactive plant nutrients play certain roles in human health like acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) and carminative (relieves flatulence) agent in the body. Some of the most important bioactive phytonutrients include the following:
• Polyphenols. – These micronutrients contain abundant amounts of antioxidants, helping to prevent free radical damage in the body. They may improve digestive problems, help drop pounds and maintain good body weight. Polyphenols are also helpful in lessening some symptoms of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and neurodegenerative conditons. Foods that contain polyphenols include apples, olives, olive oil, berries and chocolate.
• Flavonoids. – This versatile group of plant chemicals is contained in nearly all vegetables and fruits. These chemicals create the vivid colours of these attractive items of produce, making them visually desirable as well as flavourful. Flavonoids have strong antioxidant properties and promote good immune system activity while acting as anti-inflammatory agents in the body. Foods containing flavonoids are grapefruit, lemons, blackberries, soybeans and walnuts.
• Limonoids. – These phytochemicals are plentiful in both sweet and sour citrus fruits. Oranges, which have high amounts of Vitamin C, also contain citrus limonoids. These limonoids have been lab-tested and shown to be helpful in battling cancers of the skin, lung, mouth, breast, colon and stomach. Food sources of limonoids include citrus fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, citron, bergamot oranges and tangelos.
• Phytosterols. – These plant sterols have structures much like cholesterol and act to lower cholesterol absorption in the intestines. When they are dissolved in pure food fats, phytosterol esters can lower LDL cholesterol by as much as 10 percent when ingested in amounts equal to 2 grams daily. Foods that contain phytosterols include whole grains, lentils, soybeans and most vegetable oils.
• Probiotics. – These live bacteria and yeasts are referred to as “good” microoganisms that are beneficial to the digestive tract. They reduce the amount of unhealthy bacteria in your stomach, intestines and colon and help to generate more healthy bacteria, creating a bacterial balance within your system. Probiotic supplements can relieve upsets and irritations of the digestive system and promote better activity of the bowels. Foods that are rich in probiotics include yogurt, yakult, tempeh and kefir.
Pure Kapai Puku® Foods for the Ultimate Nutrition and Balanced Diet
By including the highly nutritional and fibre-rich Kapai Puku®, “The Seed of Life”®, food products in your daily meals and snacks, you can be assured of eating a healthy, energizing and nutrient-rich, balanced diet. The all-natural ingredients of these foods provide optimal levels of nutritional counts that will enhance and fortify all the empowering, healthy qualities of the other nutritious foods you have learned to include in your day-to-day eating plan.
Many of the ingredients of this unique brand’s pure food products are power-packed with nutritional value, and when combined with other anabolic and energizing foods, the Kapai Puku dietary blend of high fibre, raw ingredients and whole grains guarantees that your diet is the ultimate quality pure, super-nutritional eating plan for optimal levels of ongoing vibrant and enduring good health.
All the vitalizing foods included in the Kapai Puku food products and recipes have multiple major nutritional benefits and health-enhancing properties. With ingredients like Buckwheat, Sunflower Kernels, Linseed, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Soy Lecithin, Chia Seed, Poppyseeds, Chlorella, Spirulina and Dandelion Root, Kapai Puku dietary products offer the ultimate nutrient-enriching eating plan. Because you can combine these empowering food products with your favorite foods and recipes, or eat them separately, right out of the package, as nourishing snack foods, Kapai Puku foods are also among the most versatile energizing natural foods now available on the consumer market.
Any natural food products that can accomplish all the health-enhancing, energizing and empowering tasks that the Kapai Puku food products accomplish regularly would have to have high levels of purest nutritional content and be well-balanced in terms of ingredient food values. Due to the unique list of vitalizing ingredients, all of which are high in protein and fibre counts, the unique foods of this brand have the capacity, when eaten regularly, to fuel your body and provide you with the following outstanding advantages:
• Energy. – With ingredients that supply your body with optimal levels of protein, Vitamin E, the B complex vitamins, iron, magnesium and other minerals, Kapai Puku food formulas will boost and sustain your bodily energy. You will be more active, accomplish more and enjoy a more productive, healthy and happy lifestyle.
• Detoxification. – These unique, pure dietary foods are full of antioxidants that act to purity and detoxify your entire body. When you include these Kapai Puku food mixtures in your diet each day, you will lose those tired, achy or bloated feelings that can often slow you down, and you will be free of stress.
• Low GI. – Due to their slow releasing of nutritional contents into your body, the specialized dietary foods from this pure, empowering brand are quite low on the Glycemic Index (GI), which reduces any urges to overeat or indulge in unhealthy snacks.
• Brain Functions and Memory. – These natural food blends from Kapai Puku are free of stimulants and any artificial additives. They contain health-promoting amounts of omega 3, thiamine and B vitamins for improved brain functions and better memory for both children and adults.
• Weight Control. – Although it is not a weight loss product, Kapai Puku offers abundant supplies of antioxidants that purify fat cells and rid your body of toxins, which can assist with weight loss and ongoing regulation of body weight.
• Skin Health. – Kapai Puku food products are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, supplied by their ingredients of flax and chia seeds. The omegas, which are not naturally generated by your body, enhance levels of moisture and elasticity in the skin, preventing dryness, flaking and wrinkling.
When you visit the inspiring Kapai Puku website, you will gain valuable information about the brand’s highly nutritional, all-natural food products. These pure, unique food formulas can be included in your daily intake of nutritious foods in many attractive and innovative ways, or eaten from their appealing packaging as energizing snacks. For further information about this exciting solution for natural, health-enhancing eating, visit our company website today. You can contact a product expert by message on the site or by email or phone. Our dietary experts will be delighted to answer any and all your questions concerning the natural, health-promoting Kapai Puku food products and vital, inspiring lifestyle.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au