A Healthy Heart Starts with a Good Diet
September 29th, 2016
Sometimes it may be difficult trying to change your diet, even knowing that it can reduce your risk of heart disease. However, there are a few changes that can make a big difference in your health. Once you know which foods are good choices, you will quickly be on your way to a healthy heart diet naturally.
Adding Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals. They are also high in dietary fiber which can lower cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, protect against strokes and support a healthy weight. Fruits and vegetables also contain phytonutrients that may help prevent cardiovascular disease.
Adding fruits and vegetables to your diet is rather simple. You can have a piece of fruit during snack time and a daily salad, steamed vegies or stir fry at dinner time. Fruits and vegetables that are fresh are your best choices. If you cannot get fresh produce, frozen is a good option. Avoid fried or breaded fruits and vegetables, fruits packed in sugar or corn syrup and vegies with cream sauce.
Choose Whole Grains
Whole grains rich in fiber and other nutrients that is good for your heart and blood pressure. Switching to whole grains from processed and refined grains is an excellent healthy solution. For example, instead of eating white rice, choose brown. And for variety, be a little venturesome and try something a new grain like barley, whole-grain faro or quinoa. Other highly nutritional grains include whole-wheat, buckwheat (kasha) and oats. Avoid white flour products, muffins made with white flour and high in sugar, cakes, doughnuts and high fat crackers.
Switch to Healthy Fats
To help reduce blood cholesterol and the risk of coronary artery disease you need to limit the amount of trans and saturated fat you consume. High blood cholesterol often leads to atherosclerosis (buildup of plaque in arteries) which in turn increases the chances of a stroke and heart attack.
According to most specialists, you should consume less than 7% of your total daily calories of saturated fat. Trans fat is less than 1% of your total daily calories.
The best way to change the fat content in your diet is to limit the amount of solid fats like margarine and shortening. Also, select lean meat that has less than 10 percent fat.
Make Kapai Puku “Heart Health” as Part of Your Daily Diet
Kapai Puku “Heart Health” has evolved from our original Tribal Blend. It is filled with all the essential nutrients that is good for your heart. There are no artificial ingredients which makes this product really worth it. We also made sure that it is enriched with all the goodness and flavour and you’ll definitely love the taste.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Make Kapai Puku a Part of Your Weight Loss Journey without Starvation and Crash Diet
- Spirulina Benefits for Liver Health
- Health Benefits of Chicory Root
- How Probiotic Foods and Kapai Puku Can Help with Your Gut Health
- Kapai Puku Skin Health: The Perfect Natural Health Food for Your Skin
- It is Best to Invest in Your Health than Spend Money on Medicines
- What Happens To Your Body When You Are Constipated? How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Essential Benefits of Millet Seeds Found in KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health
- Make Your Smoothies Healthy and Tasty With KAPAI PUKU®
- Banana Benefits: Why Do We Need Potassium in Our Diet?
- What Makes Dandelion Root a Good Liver Detoxifier?
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic