Whole Grains and Seeds for Optimal Growth and Well-Being
March 31st, 2016
With today’s focus on obtaining optimal growth and health, people need to understand which foods provide the necessary nutrients for them to obtain these goals. Whole grains and seeds are two of the foods you should consume daily to ensure that your body receives proper vitamins, minerals and other nutritional elements to be at the top of your game. Let us examine what each of these types of food brings to the body in nutritional value.
The Nutrients in Whole Grains
Whole grains are a rich source of dietary fibre and minerals such as magnesium, selenium, and iron along with B vitamins as in riboflavin, folate, niacin, thiamin and other important nutrients. Certain whole grains also provide the body with protein that is vital for building muscle. Dietary fibre improves digestive and intestinal functioning, lowers cholesterol levels and reduces the risk for heart problems. The above minerals play a variety of roles from enriching the blood as with the iron to strengthening teeth and bones as magnesium does in the body. On the other hand, B vitamins help the body process food into energy along with being beneficial for nerve functioning.
Nutritional Value of Seeds
Pumpkin seeds, millet seeds and Chia seeds are just some of the seeds that pack a nutritional punch for your diet. They provide calcium, phosphorus, zinc and other minerals along with certain valuable vitamins such as folate, vitamin E in the alpha tocopherol form, iron, magnesium and more depending on the seeds that you select to consume. You should mix the seeds for this reason to ensure you receive the wide assortment of nutrients that they will provide to your body. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system, and zinc helps the body heal. Calcium helps to build strong bones and phosphorus is essential for the proper development of cells and tissues.
How to Include Whole Grains and Seeds in Your Diet
While you can search through the stores for the individual seeds and whole grains to add to your diet, you should just turn to us here at Kapai Puku for our assortment of nutritional products. After all, our products contain ingredients such as buckwheat, raisins, sunflower seeds, puffed quinoa, sesame seeds, millet seeds, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, amaranth, rice bran, tiger nuts, diced mangoes, diced bananas, diced figs, and Chia seeds. Ingredients do vary between products so refer to the labels to realise the exact foods in each one. You add our products to each of your meals in various ways. We even provide you with recipes on our site. Add whole grains and seeds to seasonal, fresh vegetables and fruit today for a balanced diet to ensure optimal growth and well-being for your body.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Is Natural Food Better than Processed Food?
- What is Chufa and what are the Benefits?
- What is a FODMAP Diet?
- Anti-aging Properties of Edible Bird Seeds in KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health
- Metabolic Problems and The Benefits That KAPAI PUKU® Stomach Health Can Give You
- Common Causes of Fatty Liver and How Kapai Puku Products Can Help You
- Natural Anti-Aging Foods and the Benefits You Can Get from KAPAI PUKU® Antioxidant Health Bag
- Health Consciousness and Awareness: How KAPAI PUKU® Can Help You
- Make KAPAI PUKU® Part of Your Guilt-Free Dessert Recipes
- Diabetes and How KAPAI PUKU® Products Can Help You
- Exercise and KAPAI PUKU®: Top Reasons Why They Should Be Part of Your Lifestyle
- Different Types of Vegetarian Diet
- Top 5 Reasons Why the Food You Eat Should Be Organic